I poured Barilla pasta into a pot of water tonight and saw something floating on top. When I scooped it out, I realized it was a bug.

I immediately looked back into the pot and saw MULTIPLE bugs floating in the water. I then checked the empty box and found LIVE bugs crawling inside! I threw out every Barilla brand product I had in my home - pasta, sauce, everything. It was Mezze Pasta n.369.

The expiration date was October 2019 and I JUST purchased it recently.

I am absolutely disgusted and I will NEVER purchase this brand again. I told all of my family and friends, and I plan on making this known on social media.

Product or Service Mentioned: Barilla Mezze Penne Pasta.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Live bugs in my pasta, Bugs in my pasta.

Comments

#1519143

The same thing JUST happened to me today. I was layering my lasagna and to my horror, I saw bugs and creepy crawlies on the pasta. I was horrified!!!

I have the same thing last night. I bought I from the local grocery store here in Dubai.

Open the box put it straight to boiling water. Then I've got hundreds of bugs.

to Richard #1459869

My name is Dave Hughes from Chatham Illinois, and I also bought the Barilla Pasta and the bugs took over my small trailer home kitchen before I realized I was eating worms. I called the customer service number and they tell me that I must of had them already and to clean my home and I said hey I eat the worms what you going to do and they say that they send some more pasta and say with or without worms.